Cult RulesAt Unique, we expect our members to maintain certain standards in the cult and around Subeta as we are all ambassadors of Unique. Failure to adhere to these standards can result in disciplinary action, up to and including removal from Unique.
Remember that being a member signifies that you accept these rules. As such, we have a Three Strikes Rule in place for forum offences such as spamming, not following rules, active membership, etc. If you get warned on three separate occasions within a year period for breaking any cult rules, you may be asked to leave Unique.
1. Being an active member of Unique entails being an active member of our offsite forums. We do remove inactive memberships on a monthly basis. Click here for more information on what is considered an active membership, and why we have this rule!
2. Unique does not allow membership in multiple cults.
3. Treat your fellow cult members with the respect that they deserve - Unique is a calm and friendly environment. Trolling or disrespectful behavior towards other members will not be tolerated.
4. Please show tolerance to your fellow cult members. Though it should go without saying, all members should show courtesy to each other even if you have a different view. Different does not always mean wrong.
5. Should you have an issue with a member, please talk to them about it. Too often, we will let things stew and that never ends well. We need to be able to talk to each other and sort things before they get out of hand. Please discuss privately via the forum PM system or sMail - the rest of Subeta doesn't really need to read about it! ;P If you would prefer to talk with a staff member about it, or have mediation, please do not hesitate to ask Kal, Silvy, or Tabatha, we would be happy to help!
6. Only staff can run contests or events, that is why they are staff. We know we have lots of involved and engaged members, and we love your involvement. Anyone is welcome to make a suggestion, but staff will always run the events unless otherwise directed.
7. To avoid confusion, if you change your Subeta username, please notify Kal as soon as possible. Failure to do so may result in removal from the cult.
8. In order to eliminate confusion, Kal and Silvy will post on a locked topic on the forums when a member is no longer with Unique. We will not post a reason as to why they are gone nor will we provide any further information to the matter – so please don’t ask. Also, please do not ask the former member why they are no longer with us, either. If they want to share then that is fine, but it is inappropriate to ask them.
Forum Specific Rules
1. What is discussed in all of these boards, stays within the cult. Anyone found to be talking about anything that is mentioned there will be immediately banned from the forums and removed from Unique. We want a safe environment for cult members, and want to ensure that we feel safe discussing our secret tips, strategies, rants, hates, loves, etc.
2. If your forum username differs from your username on Subeta, please put your Subeta username in your signature.
3. Respect your fellow cult members, failure to do so can lead to banning from the forums/cult.
4. Do not spam! (This includes double posting.)
5. Follow all cult rules at all times.
6. Posters should do their best to remember to post ***POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT*** at the top of posts as necessary when discussing current TV shows, books or films, but that ultimately, you read at your own peril. Also note that we do have a spoiler tag for the forums that you also can use to hide potential spoilers by using [spoiler]TEXT HERE[/spoiler]!
IRC Specific RulesThe IRC is Unique's own chat room, for more information on logging in to our channel visit this page!
1. Follow all cult rules at all times.
2. Only current members of Unique are allowed to access and chat in our IRC.
3. Don't post spoilers without asking around first. Many of us watch the same shows but may not be at the same place, and it would hate to be spoiled about something on accident!
4. Don't be outright rude to other members. This is our Ohana. So behave. (Remember that all cult rules apply to the IRC itself!)
5. No impersonating others with your name/font etc. It should be easy to tell who is who!
6. Please refrain from excessive and repeated name changes. Don't make us ask you to stay as one person for a while, please!
If you have a concern about a member or stuff happening in the IRC, please contact Kal, Mieke, or Tabatha!
Being an active member of Unique entails being an active member of our offsite forums. This is where our activities, announcements, chatter and more occur - and it is the heart of the cult.
To us, joining Unique is like becoming a part of the family, and we do not take new additions lightly - we have an intensive application process that shows us who the applicant really is, and we take great care in ensuring that each new member will be a good fit with the existing family. With such care being taken in the application process, it goes without saying that we wish to interact with all of our members and get to know them. The only way to do this is to chat with members and to participate in events. In order to accomplish both of those things, usage of the forums is necessary. ;)
For the reasons listed above, each member is expected to make a minimum of 20 posts per month in order to be considered active and remain in Unique. This averages to less than 1 post per day and could easily be done as 5 posts per weekend.
Everyone will be granted one month of 'vacation time'. This time can be split into 4 weeks to use whenever you have something IRL that prevents you from being active. Each week = 5 posts of your monthly requirement. So if you use one week (you must post on the Hiatus Notification thread with how long you'll be gone + the reason) you'll only need to make 15 posts rather than the full 20 that month. Vacation time will be reset each January 1st.
During the middle of the month, our Big Bees will send messages to members to warn them that they are inactive and are not on track to make the post count for the month. In addition to at least one monthly #Unique ping, this is sufficient 'nudging' to our inactive members. Failure to meet the minimum post requirement without notification of vacation time usage will result removal from Unique. This may sound harsh, but it should not be difficult for members to wish to interact within Unique - or at least notify us should something come up IRL that inhibits them from being online.
If your account has been warned on three previous occasions for inactivity within a twelve month period and we have not been notified of vacation time usage, your account will be removed without additional warnings or nudges. If you are removed from Unique during an unplanned hiatus, you are welcome to reapply when you have the time to dedicate to Unique.
It isn't about the numbers, it is about the relationships that we build and maintain. If being active and logging in to our offsite forums does not interest you, perhaps Unique isn't the right cult for you. We will miss you, but we do understand that it is not for everyone.